HPD™ III High Pressure Diffuser
Compatible with non-toxic, non-flammable gases.
The HPD III High Pressure Diffuser is compatible with non-toxic, non-flammable gases such as Clean Dry Air (CDA), Argon, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide.
Sampling gases at pressures greater than sea level, such as 25 – 100 psig, is challenging for particle counters. Connecting pressurized air or gas to a particle counter can defeat its flowmetering system and possibly damage the instrument.
High Pressure Diffusers (HPDs) have been developed to address particle counting in compressed gas. HPD’s reduce the pressure of the gas to about atmospheric pressure by allowing some of the air/gas to diffuse out of the system and allow the Lasair Pro or Lasair III particle counter’s flow-metering system to function as designed.
Learn more about PMS particle counter compatibility with compressed gas in this comprehensive comparison table.
Particle Measuring Systems engineers, manufactures, installs, calibrates, repairs, and maintains the HPD™ III High Pressure Diffuser.
- No moving parts to wear
- Connects vis male 4-VCR fitting
- Exhaust filer prevents possible room contamination
- Mounting clamps supplied
- Stainless steel construction
- Measures gases from 25 to 100 psi (60 to 100 psi for 100LPM)
- No external flow meters needed
- Low contamination, < 5% of ISO Class I or II cleanliness
- Economical monitoring of pressurized gases with atmospheric pressure particle counters
- Can be used with Clean Dry Air, Argton, Nitrogen, or other non-toxic inert gases
- Four different versions for 0.1 CFM, 1.0 CFM, 50 LPM, and 100 LPM flow rates
- Compressed Gas