Continuous Microbial Monitor: BioCapt® Single-Use Impactor
Single Use, Continuous Active Air Sampling Solution to Meet the Newest Annex 1 Expectations
Saves you time and money.
Most recent regulations are encouraging the use of continuous viable air monitoring in critical areas. The BioCapt® Single-Use (BCSU) Cleanroom Microbial Monitor by Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) is an active sampling method that is superior to the usage of settle plates, that additionally creates validated and actionable data.
The BioCapt® Single-Use helps minimize microbial false positives in monitored clean areas by reducing contamination from the handling of agar settle plates, resulting in a decrease in investigations and an increase in productivity. Additionally, many costly and time-consuming sterilization steps, such as autoclaving, disinfecting, handling, and logistics are eliminated. This innovative approach to viable microbial air sampling and monitoring builds on the collection efficiencies of the BioCapt® stainless steel viable impactor, while also virtually eliminating false positives from handling through specialized packaging and single-use application.
The BioCapt® Microbial Impactor (Single-Use) achieves sampling with minimal air disruption and can be used to sample efficiently from 25 to 50 L/min (LPM) to suit both routine monitoring and fast sampling needs. The 25 LPM device continues to recover microorganisms under stressed conditions after two hours of continuous air sampling, thereby reducing the number of plate changes required for continuous air sampling. Learn more about this continuous air sampling solution.
Most recently released to fulfill requests from the market for troubleshooting and analytical applications, the 100 LPM BCSU uses the same innovative radial slit design as the 25 & 50 LPM models, sharing the advantages of the known and trusted single-use technology. Validated at the Centre for Applied Microbiology & Research (CAMR), a Health Protection Agency (HPA) at Porton Down, it achieves isokinetic sampling for minimal air turbulence in compliance with ISO 14698-1 and can be used for sampling and troubleshooting at 100 LPM.
The BioCapt Single Use (BCSU) is a one time use product that is then disposed of. With the increased focus on sustainability and Particle Measuring Systems’ commitment to reaching the goal of Net Zero, we have summarized this product’s environmental impact. Click here to learn more.
BioCapt® Single-Use Cleanroom Microbial Monitor
Learn about the benefits of the BioCapt Single-Use (BCSU) Microbial Impactor including a demonstration of its ease of use inside an isolator, and an explanation of how it essentially eliminates false positives. The BCSU does not require time-consuming and resource-intensive processes such as autoclaving, disinfecting, washing, handling, etc.
- Environmental Monitoring Handbook for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Quality by Design and Single-Use Air Sampling Approaches
- Microbial Control and Monitoring in Aseptic Processing Cleanrooms
- A Review of EN ISO 17141, ISO 14698 andInstrumentation Conformance
- Single Use Device Media Dehydration and Biological Recovery Efficiency
- 4 Hour BioCapt Single Use Impactor Case Study
- BioCapt® Single-Use 100 LPM Frequently Asked Questions
- Feller Table of Statistical Corrections for BioCapt® Instruments
- Active Air Sampler Comparison in Remote Settings
- Microbial Data Collection: Managing the Expectations of Auditors
- Quality Risk Management: Does QRM + RMM = Better EM?
- Microbial Monitoring of Compressed Gas
- Particle Data Collection and Interpretation for ISO Cleanrooms
- Case Study: Isolator Contamination Control at AST
Part of a Facility Monitoring System (FMS)
The BioCapt Single Use is ideal for continuous viable monitoring as part of a complete cleanroom monitoring system. It can be used with an external pump or with the MIniCapt Pro viable monitoring with pump from Particle Measuring Systems. Our FMS are definitive, modular, and turn-key solutions for Cleanroom Environmental Contamination Monitoring.Learn more