Semiconductor chemical manufacturers face progressively tighter requirements for particle contamination limits. Proactive particle contamination control at 30 nm sensitivity falls short for the modern process technology operating far below this size. The SLS-20 syringe sampler, combined with the Chem 20 particle counter, provides the flexibility of offline batch sampling down to 20 nm for a variety of applications, including process chemical research, production, distribution and packaging
The SLS-20 and Chem 20 system from Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) offers the following new optimizing features:
- The operating mode of the system is adjustable based on the degree of background fluid scatter.
- The SLS-20’s laser shutter allows additional safety precautions when the system is not sampling, detects bubbles or the flow sensor is triggered.
- The bubble detector works in tandem with the laser shutter to prevent unhelpful data collection caused by large bubbles (> 2 mm diameter) in the process fluid.
- The Chem 20 detects low flow and closes the laser shutter automatically. If there’s a leak, the sensor is powered down until the condition is cleared.
- Only a small amount of chemical sample is required to obtain meaningful data. This reduces overall usage of the chemical within the quality system, in addition to waste treatment costs.
- The stand-alone design of the SLS-20 makes it possible to switch between the sampler approach (SLS-20 and Chem 20 combined), and the online approach (the Chem 20 by itself) for continuous monitoring.
The multiple benefits to the SLS-2o and Chem 20 system highlight the key strides made to improve safety and efficiency of particle measurements for process chemicals in the microelectronics industry. Ask us a question or request a quote to find out more about the advantages of this system from Particle Measuring Systems.
In the next exciting blog in this series, we discuss how stable and repeatable data is achieved with the new SLS-20 and Chem 20 system. Want to jump ahead and read the case studies? Download the full paper here.
Effective Batch Sampling Down to 20 nm with the SLS-20 Batch Sampler
Chemical Particle Counting to 20 nm with the SLS-20 Batch Sampler
Particle Counting to 20 nm with the SLS-20 Chemical Batch Sampler