Handheld particle counting plays an important role in contamination control.
Today, clean areas including cleanrooms are designed, constructed, and sustained to enable the highest yields possible. How do operators know they’re clean? The answer starts with cleanroom certification. Defined in ISO 14644-1, cleanroom certification uses data collected from prescribed areas to determine cleanliness. It requires the use of the most sensitive particle counters, which are reused again at specific recertification time intervals. These customized sustaining and troubleshooting efforts depend on cleanroom operator experience to determine the areas of interest and optimal sampling frequency. Having the right particle counting equipment is necessary to accomplish these tasks.
Who Benefits the Most from Handheld Particle Counting?
Many applications across various industrial sectors benefit from using handheld particle counters, including Semiconductor Fab (ISO 1 through ISO 5), clean manufacturing (> ISO 5), Process Tool OEM, Automotive and Aerospace, LED/LCD, Materials, Medical, and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. The HandiLaz Mini II’s features optimize all stages of cleanroom control: certification and sustaining, excursion response with pinpoint accuracy, filter and parts testing, and overall manufacturing readiness. Highly sensitivity and versatile, the HandiLaz Mini II handheld particle counter is a powerful tool for increasing efficiencies and yields. These efforts directly translate to bottom-line results and personnel empowerment.
The HandiLaz Mini II handheld particle counter is ideal for:
- Pre-certification to quickly establish a location’s particle count baseline and gain preliminary data to support an actual certification.
- Potential hotspot identification for high particle counts before more costly certification efforts begin.
- Troubleshooting in high particle areas to support certification and sustainment by providing high spatial-resolution data to precisely locate particle sources.
- Providing appropriate data collection capabilities during ongoing area mapping at planned sustainment intervals.
- Verification that laminar airflow schemes are effectively capturing and eliminating particle counts from propagating to cleaner areas.
Look forward to our next blog where we go over details of the HandiLaz Mini II’s design and specifications. Download the full paper for this information and an in-depth look at specific applications!