Microbial Air Sampling Efficiency Using Feller’s Table
Efficiency by design with the BioCapt® Microbial Impactor for clean room quality control
How efficient are you at capturing viable particles — colony forming units (CFUs) — on your media surfaces? Statistical calculations using Feller’s formula demonstrate that the design of the BioCapt® Microbial Impactor improves biological collection efficiencies in microbial air sampling. With precision-cut slits to ensure laminar flow, the Impactor maximizes biological collection efficiencies for viable particles in accordance with ISO 14698-1/Annex B for microbial air sampling in cleanrooms and associated controlled environments.
This application note will help you:
- Understand calculated statistical results using Feller’s formula.
- Solve problems that arise in cleanrooms and associated controlled environments for viable particles when sampling for microbial air contaminants.
- Learn how the design of the BioCapt Microbial Impactor helps improve your biological efficiencies at laminar airflows of 25–50 L/min and 100 L/min.
Interested in learning more? Complete the form now to get this paper.
Looking for a microbial monitoring solution? Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) has a wide range of portable and remote active samplers including:
- MiniCapt Active Air Samplers available in a variety of portable or remote models
- BioCapt Impactors available as a single use solution or stainless steel