We have an immediate need for a Staff Research Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for supporting a variety of Advanced Research projects. This position will focus on larger high growth technology initiatives, as part of a highly skilled Research team comprising a broad range of cross-functional engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Opto-Mechanical Engineering. MS/PhD in Technical discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on mechanical engineering design, both as an individual contributor and Lead.
- Proficient with 3D CAD drawing creation and thermal, fluid, acoustic, and vibration simulation modeling analyses. SolidWorks 3D CAD preferred.
- Ability to specify advanced materials including plastics, alloys, carbon fiber, and other unique specialty materials for a variety of thermally and vibration ultra-sensitive environments. Knowledgeable in material chemical compatibility.
- Experience with opto-electronics instrument design requiring ultra-stable optical cavities and lasers. Knowledge of precise alignment and positioning methods for optics and lasers, and stability over temperature & mechanical/acoustic vibration excursions.
- Design of fluidic systems with both water and corrosive chemical mediums. Use of advanced fluid sealing and transporting methods.
- Experience with fabrication and assembly methods to optimize Design for Manufacturing. Knowledge of product servicing needs to optimize Design for Serviceability.
- Use of rapid prototyping methods to enable quick cycles of learning.
- Understanding of the semiconductor fabrication process and chemical usage desirable.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.