We are looking for a Software Engineer who can work independently and as part of a project team to develop and maintain software applications following our software life cycle methodology including necessary records and documentation. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the design and implementation of Visual C++ applications, .NET components, databases, application program interfaces and graphical user interfaces.
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Provide recommendations and technical advice to software test team as needed.
- Give assistance to software support in resolving customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience using Microsoft technologies and .NET Framework
- Strong experience in the following:
- C# and C++
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Debugging multi-threaded Windows applications
- Relational and Non-relational database technologies, design and programming
- In addition, experience with the following is preferred:
- Borland Paradox databases
- SQL stored procedures and triggers
- ADO.NET or LINQ
- Familiarity with instrumentation integration and coding communication protocols to actual hardware
- Familiarity with “real-time” system design and data collection
- Experience with all phases of analysis and design (requirements gathering, technical documentation, coding, analyzing and testing) of applications
- Experience with developing complex software designs supporting research, new product development, and sustaining
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties and set priorities effectively
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.