We have an immediate need for a talented Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for managing highly technical product development projects. Efforts managed may be multiple product enhancement projects to larger high growth initiatives, all involving teams from a broad range of cross-functional disciplines. The Senior Project Manager is the “face of the project” and will be the key point of contact for all matters related to the project, interfacing with all areas of the business impacted by the project and its deliverables.
- Ensures project scope includes input from all functional disciplines including Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Compliance, and Service.
- Identifies key stakeholders and understands their expectations for a successful project. Achieves defined cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Monitors progress on schedule, budget and technical output. Optimizes schedule to identify critical path(s) and major risks. Proactively manages risks and employs strategies to address.
- Drives teams to execute on tasks and deliverables. Develops a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized. Facilitates problem solving and meetings to address obstacles.
- Relies on core team and functional leader expertise when faced with critical decisions. Holds core team members accountable to program commitments.
- Facilitates communication to key stakeholders on project performance. Conducts project Gate reviews and business team meetings.
- Fosters teamwork; strives to maintain an environment of collaboration, openness and trust.
- BS in Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science) and/or scientific discipline. MS in Engineering and/or MBA preferred.
- Over 10 years of successful experience managing projects in a highly technical product development environment.
- Expert-level skills using Project Management tools and techniques, including MS Project. PMP certification a plus.
- Technically savvy; must be able to discuss, understand and make decisions regarding a wide array of engineering disciplines and complex technical/logistical issues. Experience with lasers or light-based systems desired.
- Must have successfully managed multiple high-technology hardware/software projects from concept through commercialization using a stage-gate process.