To continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to perform work in R & D, production and customer support requiring engineering knowledge of science and art, requiring originality and judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. This individual is recognized as fully competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or functional areas of assignments. He/she works with other engineers, technical support, scientific and production staff in team efforts that require supervision of some of the technical support staff as well as working cooperatively with the other team members.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design and development of analog electronic hardware.
- Preparation of specifications, statements of work and test documentation.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of engineering projects.
- Preparation of Design Reviews as well as participating in design review presentations.
- Reporting of prototype fabrication and testing.
- Reporting on engineering progress.
- Design documentation.
- Manual preparation and user documentation.
- Equipment hardware and software troubleshooting
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in electronic hardware design
- Proficient with schematic capture
- Proficient using analog circuit simulators such as SPICE
- Experience with high sensitivity analog design
- Experience with writing design and test documentation
- Ability to perform electronic hardware troubleshooting on both new and legacy designs
- Experience with design of opto-electronics and lasers is preferred
- Experience with Mentor DX designer is preferred