Established in 1972, Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit programs, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability programs and a 401(k) plan. We are a non-smoking campus with an emphasis on health and well-being; this includes an on-site clinic for employees’ use.
To continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for a Automation Controls Manager to manage a team of project managers and project engineers/specialists who execute all aspects of turn-key projects to design, install, commission, and validate facility monitoring systems. This is a player-coach type of position where the team manager will also be heavily involved in managing all project deliverables within the required scope, schedule, and budget, as well as maintaining regular communication with all project stakeholders.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Manage and allocate resources for efficient execution of projects.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer issues to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide regular feedback.
- Manage the group P&L, ensuring revenue generation with reasonable cost control.
- Ensure the Project Services business is operating in compliance with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and is maintaining the required documentation.
- Support the design of automation systems and create project documentation and drawings to meet customer/user requirements.
- Commissioning of SCADA-based facility monitoring systems in an industrial environment.
- Perform the validation of system operation following established execution protocols and ensure a successful turnover of the system to the customer.
- Support customers with existing facility monitoring systems via phone and email.
NOTE- This is an Automation Controls Manager position. While it does entail some project management duties, it is not a Project Management role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years’ experience managing a professional services or project delivery team
- Experience with automation controls and/or pharmaceutical engineering project management preferred
- Experience with GE Proficy iFix or other SCADA software packages
- Understanding of high/low voltage circuits, process signals and software/system integration.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% regularly and 75% at peak times.
- Strong management and leadership skills. Ability to manage employees with varying level of experience.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties and effectively set priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with end user customers, contractors and engineers, including providing training sessions.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.