We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. Under general direction, the Manufacturing Engineer provides support to the production floor to ensure that production employees have properly maintained process equipment and documented processes to follow in the manufacturing of product.
The Manufacturing Engineer also proactively ensures that processes are designed and in place for new product development and ensures that products are designed for manufacturability and testability and assists production personnel with troubleshooting and resolving everyday issues.
For this opening, we are looking for a Lean champion, not just a Lean practitioner! The successful candidate will be one who not only has experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing, but also has the desire and motivation to lead Lean practices and drive a culture change to a Lean Manufacturing mindset.
- Works proactively with project teams to optimize product design for manufacturability and testability throughout the development cycle.
- Ensures optimal assembly and test sequences that will deliver a high-quality product.
- Recognizes the need for, and implements changes as needed to improve product quality to achieve first pass yield and On Time Delivery of 90% or greater.
- Designs and maintains simple go/no-go fixtures for assembly and test.
- Participates in daily standup meetings to ensure goals are met.
- Acts as a champion of Lean Manufacturing and works to implement Lean practices and events.
- B.S. Engineering degree is required
- A minimum 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role is required
- Requires a strong customer orientation and an ability to work well with assemblers, technicians, and the technical community
- Previous work being and implementer of Lean Manufacturing practices and the desire to lead a culture change to a Lean Manufacturing mindset.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.