Established in 1972, Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer competitive salary and benefit programs including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs (company paid)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending program
- Paid time off
- Non-smoking campus
- Onsite clinic for employees to emphasize health and well-being in the workplace
To continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to perform work in R & D, requiring engineering knowledge of science and art. Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Individual is recognized as fully competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or functional areas of assignments. Works with other engineers, technical support, scientific and production staff in team efforts that require supervision of some of the technical support staff as well as working cooperatively with the other team members.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience designing GUIs for embedded devices.
- Two or more years of design experience using Qt for Embedded Devices.
- Five or more years of design experience in embedded firmware using C/ C++ languages.
- Real-Time OS experience such as Linux , VxWorks or similar RTOS with resource protection, IPC messaging and shared memory.
- Experience and familiarity with version control and bug tracking tools.
- Hardware and firmware debugging experience.
- Eclipse IDE working knowledge desired.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write reports, summarize data and create technical documents.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.