We are looking for a Director of Service who will be responsible for ensuring and improving customer satisfaction by providing after-sales service and support for the installed base of PMS instruments whether via on-site or via service center. This position will have worldwide responsibility to ensure there are consistent practices underlined by effective global training of calibration and repair methods. All Regional and Country Service Managers will have a very strong dotted line relationship to this position and there will be a key responsibility for the Service Leader to build a Worldwide Service culture of teamwork, collaboration and an excellent customer service experience. This role will also have direct responsibility for Hoshin Kanri and Strategic Initiatives which involve Global Service improvements.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and effective repair and calibration service and support to the global installed base of PMS instruments. Focus on meeting and improving TAT goals of 7 days or less and increasing on-site service for PMS customers.
- Provide training and guidance to the global service team to ensure that they are positioned to satisfy customer requirements for efficiency and effectiveness while always insuring safety of both PMS employees and customers.
- Monitor performance of the service organization on a country and product level and ensure that strategies are implemented that will result in a continuous improvement culture with clear signs of visual management, 5S and LEAN.
- Monitor profitability of all services provided to ensure that these enhance PMS profitability.
- Evaluate new products, services and approaches that will contribute to our differentiation strategy. Be a significant part of the new product innovation process to ensure there is design for serviceability and supportability.
- Coordinate activity with Engineering, Marketing, Production and Projects to improve technical methods, training and service lab effectiveness.
- Participate with the organization to ensure that product quality issues identified in Service are communicated throughout the organization so that continuous improvement can be achieved.
- Report on the performance of Service as part of the quality management system and participate in and promote the determination and selection of opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the development of a WW 24*7 support program which meets the required SLA’s necessary of customers who participate in these programs.
- Work on a plan to develop pricing and service PLM required skillsets to ensure Service is a significant part of medium to long term revenue streams
Technical degree and 5-10 years of experience working as a manager within a similar product and customer environment. High level of customer orientation, operations capability and effective management skills are preferred for this position. Knowledge of PMS instruments is advantageous but not essential.
Must be a strong proactive leader and people manager and will show clear skills and experience at working effectively with fellow peers and senior execs within the PMS Executive staff. Must be able to delegate and prioritize in an ever changing and growing environment within PMS.
LEAN or Six Sigma Continual Improvement experience and will have the ability to drive Visual Management and KPI / Metrics performance measures across the Service organization. IT skills need to be exceptional and must include an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and a relevant ERP which has service capabilities.
Will require 25-50% travel and must have an excellent track record of managing teams remotely across the world.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.