To continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for an Automation Controls Engineer to manage all aspects of turn-key projects to design, install, commission, and validate facility monitoring systems.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support the design of automation systems and create project documentation and drawings to meet customer/user requirements.
- Configure proprietary software and/or customize iFix-based software SCADA package according to design specification.
- Commissioning of SCADA-based facility monitoring systems in an industrial environment.
- Perform the validation of system operation following established execution protocols and ensure a successful turnover of the system to the customer.
- Manage the deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Communicate with project stakeholders the progress relative to plan
- Support customers with existing facility monitoring systems via phone and email.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience installing, configuring and integrating SCADA systems and PLCs or other technical project engineering and automation experience
- Experience with GE Proficy iFix or other SCADA software packages
- Understanding of high/low voltage circuits, process signals and software/system integration.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% regularly and 75% at peak times.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties and effectively set priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with end user customers, contractors and engineers, including providing training sessions
- Pharmaceutical industry project experience including GMP documentation.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, Windows Domain and Windows Security configuration.
- Experience with networking and industrial communication protocols such as Modbus TCP
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.