Particle Measuring Systems is in search of a Director or VP to lead its Life Sciences Divisions’ portfolio of instruments, advanced consulting, and services. This critical senior leadership role is responsible for developing and executing strategic high impact initiatives critical to our success in the markets we serve. Our customers are primarily in the aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing field, and related regulated industries. The role will preferably be based in our global headquarters in Boulder, Colorado, however other locations where Particle Measuring Systems has a presence will also be considered.
Particle Measuring Systems has a successful and rapidly growing Life Sciences division. We are industry leaders in providing leading edge technology and value- added services to our core markets and now expanding our focus into adjacent cosmetics and personal care industries. This opportunity will enable you to grow your career by designing and executing strategies that grow market share while leading a global team of industry experts. You will play a critical role in developing our long-term business strategy, leading our Life Sciences team, and realizing our customer’s needs.
Key Leadership Accountabilities
A critical success factor for this role will be establishing and managing close relationships with customers, understanding their needs, and translating those needs into relevant product and service offerings.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the division’s P&L within a matrix structured organization
- Achieve profitable growth goals by working collaboratively with potential clients and with internal functions including sales, marketing communications, services, and engineering
- Proactively seek out Voice of the Customer to understand customer issues, needs, and future trends
- Implement strategies for marketing, sales, and service that that serve Life Sciences customers and enable profitable growth
- Work with Particle Measuring Systems global cross-functional leadership team to execute supporting strategies and initiatives
- Develop, prioritize, and execute product road maps to meet market window and time-to-market constraints
- Develop and execute effective Product Line Management processes
- Develop a high performing global Life Sciences organization, with supporting resources, skills, and culture
- Communicate and integrate the Life Sciences strategy with the broader Particle Measuring Systems organization
- Model collaborative leadership skills and behaviors needed to achieve profitable growth goals for Particle Measuring Systems
- Drive business development activities in key segments
- Support the execution of technical and commercial due diligence activities for strategic acquisition initiatives
- Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of product marketing, sales, and business planning methodologies, and associated tools
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree, with at least ten years of relevant work experience in the aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing field
- Ethics and values focused individual
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical and operational execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams on complex ambiguous assignments
- Strong track record of leading and developing high performance international teams
- Experience developing acquisition and partnership strategies, executing due diligence planning, and supporting integration implementation activities
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, device or life sciences tools
- Ability to travel globally 25%-50%
To apply, please submit your CV/Resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Director/VP Life Sciences” in the subject line.
Particle Measuring Systems is an equal opportunity employer.