The Product Specialist primary scope is to support the local sales activities and expand relationships with existing customers by directing and supporting collaborative sales efforts to the assigned product lines. The Product Specialist closes on qualified opportunities referred by Sales Representative, Key Account Manager, or other sales personnel, while actively collaborating with these team members.
Reporting to the Global Product Line Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for achieving sales quota in the assigned product lines, and providing technical support and expertise to the local sales team.
The scope of work is described as follows:
- Achieving annual sales revenue targets as defined.
- Supporting the sales process with the Territory Managers, Product Line Manager and Life Science division Vice President.
- Building customer intimacy through in depth knowledge of technical requirements and processes.
- Recommending best fit product solutions that deliver value to the customer.
- Leveraging cross functional resources for effective management of technical requirements.
- Multi-level selling to all job functions and decision makers in buying process, exceeding customer expectations.
- Recommending voice of customer product improvements, new product opportunities to Product Line Manager.
- Supporting customers with definition of user requirements and interfacing with Engineering and Product Line Manager to assure that customer requirements are met.
- Managing customer relationships post sale during the implementation and training process
- Project management of Implementation Process
- Providing competitive intelligence to Product Line Manager and VP of division. Working closely with Territory Managers and Key Account Managers to coordinate sales presentations, product demonstrations, technical needs assessments and proposals for new opportunities.
- Support of the local Sales Representative for Product Quote preparation. Managing customer relationships post sale through installation, implementation, training and validation.
- Recording and maintaining client contact data, information and activity in corporate CRM (Customer Relation Management).
- Working close with Product Line Manager and Marketing department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Science or Business discipline (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience preferred.
- Strong attitude to work in a team environment and manage cross functional teams.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Well developed and effective interpersonal communications skills to include communication with impact.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to present to high level management with impact.
- Developed business acumen
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, long term business relationships with customers and internal team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Strong computer skills and aptitude for software platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience about Life Science Industry (Pharmaceutical aseptic manufacturing).
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP guidelines for computerized systems and pharmaceutical process.
- Good understanding of IT terminology and basic network infrastructure knowledge.
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.