ISO 14644-1:2015 Revisions SummaryOn Demand Webinar Over the last five years, the ISO Technical Committee 209 has been working on the revision of the basic airborne cleanliness classification, 14644-1 and -2. The ISO community voted in favor of the revision to update and improve the standard specifically to:
- Simplify the classification process, and if possible, remove the need to evaluate the 95% upper confidence limit (UCL) for low sample location numbers (currently required for 2/9 of cleanroom locations).
- Review the classification procedure and make it more applicable to cleanroom operation. In this situation, the contamination is not expected to be evenly distributed; an assumption the current statistical approach makes.
- Generally, update the standard as required to current thinking and industry requirements.
- Avoid any radical change to the principles of the current ISO cleanliness classes 1÷9.
- Simplify and clarify requirement and guidance tables that specify frequency of testing and monitoring of cleanrooms used to demonstrate continued compliance with the cleanliness classification.
- Refine how these intervals may be ...