Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
To continue to maintain an excellent reputation with our customers, we are looking for a Technical Support Specialist – Hardware for our Service Department. The successful candidate will join our global service team providing technical support to our global customers, subsidiaries and distributors related to our environmental monitoring hardware.
- Provide solutions to customer questions regarding hardware set up, operation, etc.
- Provide solutions to international subsidiaries and distributors regarding hardware set up, parts replacement, upgrade solutions, etc.
- Interact with engineering and applications to understand required solutions and provide these solutions to customers, subsidiaries and distributors.
- Ability to review, process and approve warranty claims in a global service environment
- Provide technical reports to customers for calibration out of tolerance instances.
- Escalate customer issues to the product and service team
- Participate in knowledge capturing (creating and updating knowledge resources like product bulletins, service bulletins, FAQs, procedures and documentation)
- Review and approve engineering changes related to product servicing
- Support sales personnel with product configuration and application
- Administer and comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety policy, procedures as set forth by Federal, State and company directives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Auditing or quality assurance experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work across functional, cultural and international boundaries
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to think critically while solving problems.
- Please note this is NOT an IT position
- Technical background in electronic instruments, metrology, or lasers. BS degree a plus.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in measuring equipment or electronic instruments
- Requires some domestic and international travel (<15%)
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.