We have an immediate need for a Staff Research Optical Engineer who will be responsible for supporting a variety of Advanced Research projects. This position will focus on larger high growth technology initiatives, as part of a highly skilled Research team comprising a broad range of cross-functional engineering disciplines.
- BS in Optical Sciences, Physics, or other with emphasis in optical techniques, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in laser and imaging systems design. MS/PhD preferred with an emphasis on advanced research and technology development.
- Expertise in designing, prototyping and evaluating new optically-based design concepts, sub-systems and components for next generation products.
- Proven track record of exceptional technology development in a hands-on research role.
- Domain expertise in optical/electro-optical systems design related to beam delivery, imaging, optical coatings, optical scattering, fluorescence, phase and polarization-based measurements in air and liquids.
- Optical component specification design & fabrication with suppliers. Use of rapid prototyping methods to enable quick cycles of learning.
- Experience with fabrication and assembly methods to optimize Design for Manufacturing. Knowledge of product servicing needs to optimize Design for Serviceability.
- Provide optical technology development leadership to quickly resolve optical system issues and improve overall optical systems performance.
- Proficient with computational software (such as ZEMAX, CODE 5, COMSOL, and stray array analysis, etc.) to design and optimize optical systems. Hands-on experience with creating and executing test protocols, analyzing test results and quickly recommending prototype design iterations to optimize system optical performance.
- Understanding of the semiconductor fabrication process and chemical usage desirable.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.