Particle Measuring Systems is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with the ability to provide technical leadership and project management of development projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will collaborate well with team members and efficiently multi-task between projects. Tasks will include a wide spectrum of engineering tasks with a focus on mechanical design, leading FMEAs, prototyping, planning of test and setup, testing as well as engineering calculations such as finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics.
Specific Job Duties:
- Design and development of mechanical and opto-mechanical systems.
- Design and development of tooling for production
- Turning concept into reality by designing components in CAD, coordinating fabrication of parts, getting hands-on with subassemblies, and leading system level testing
- Equipment hardware and software troubleshooting
- Preparation of specifications and statements of work
- Manages, plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of engineering projects
- Manage projects associated with development of opto-mechanical systems and instruments, product improvements and cost reduction
- Preparation of Design Reviews as well as participating in design review presentations
- Manual preparation and user documentation
- Mentors and provides technical guidance to team members
- Leads FMEA with interdisciplinary product teams
- Supports risk and configuration management activities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Opto-Mechanical Engineering required, MBA desired
- A minimum of 8 years of hands on mechanical engineering design and development
- Experience with liquid systems and opto-mechanics desired
- A minimum of 5 years using SolidWorks or similar 3-D modeling tool
- Development of several mechanical systems, subsystems or tools for commercial products
- Must be capable to work in a fast pace interdisciplinary work environment
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner and absolute team player
- Experience in design, structural finite element, thermal analysis and fluid flow analysis
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Job description are not all-inclusive. Other responsibilities may be added to or deleted from each position to improve effectiveness and productivity as necessary.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.