We are seeking a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to develop innovative firmware for our product portfolio, which includes aerosol and liquid particle counters for the Semiconductor, Aerospace and Life Sciences industries. The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer will be part of a cross-functional team to develop particle counter firmware.
A successful candidate will:
- Participate in an Agile Scrum team, completing firmware work items in areas including communications interfaces, GUI interfaces and particle counting code.
- Develop requirements, design, and engineering reference documentation
- Gather and refine stories in the backlog; interfacing with the team to understand technical needs and appropriate resolutions of items
- Bring knowledge of new tools and technologies and use that knowledge to design innovative solutions.
- Interface across multiple portions of the organization to support engineering, marketing, manufacturing and service needs as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Five or more years of embedded firmware development experience using microprocessors.
- Two or more years’ experience as a technical lead
- Strong background in C/C++ programming language
- Development experience with Embedded Linux at Application level
- Experience using software version control and bug tracking systems
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams
- Mentoring ability
Recommended/ Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise in Git, Jira, DevSuite, Jama, or similar
- Experience with QT, Linux Kernel and driver development
- ARM-based SoC firmware design
- Experience with TCP/IP, WiFi and Bluetooth protocol development
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a short cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.