The Sr. Accountant position is ideal for the candidate who has a solid accounting background with an interest in taking on some cost accounting duties. There may be some limited travel required with this position, most likely a need to travel to other Particle Measuring Systems offices.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Completes month-end close, journal entries, reconciliations and analysis of various inventory, warranty reserves and royalty calculations
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of reserve schedules and all inventory related reporting.
- Manages preparation and execution of standard cost roll ups
- Payroll processing bi-weekly
- Perform or assist with state sales tax filings
- Audits cycle count/physical inventories activity and provides recommendations for process and accuracy improvements
- Collaborates on cross-functional projects that impact inventory and cost of goods sold
- Perform technical research and interpret relevant accounting guidance to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with company policy and current accounting standards
- Calculate monthly commission/incentives based on compensation plan provisions
- Support audit activities within area of responsibility
- Following standard processes, maintains standard costs, supports processes associated with inventory valuation, and completes review of the excess and obsolete inventory
- Responsibility for the correct application of ASC 606 / IFRS 15 and any relevant judgments to technical accounting matters for revenue recognition
- Reviews and analyzes inventory, cost of goods sold, and margin reports, conduct research and perform review regarding cost or variance analyses
Accounting Degree required. IFRS practical knowledge is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an accountant
Some cost accounting knowledge with an ability to make decisions on accounting transactions with limited guidance
Prior ERP experience essential & exposure to IFS would be a plus
Strong communication skills (This person will interact regularly with a wide array of people to gather information from both finance and operations)
Intermediate user in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Has strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
This person will work collaboratively in a team environment and interface with many internal customers across various departments to deliver financial reports and resolve complex cost accounting issues.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.