We have an immediate need for a talented Software Test Manager to lead a team of highly skilled Software Test Engineers to test application software and embedded firmware on complex facility management systems and instruments throughout the product lifecycle. This involves leading the planning and execution of software test protocols, and comprehensive defect tracking. This position requires coordination and collaboration of activities with other functional managers and project managers within a matrix stage gate product development environment.
The Software Test Manager will be responsible for providing and ensuring consistent planning, development plans, and software test rigor throughout all concurrent projects, in accordance with our ISO Quality Management System. Key accountabilities also include establishing and maintaining the technical competencies of the software test team by providing mentoring, training, evaluation, and recruitment.
- Act as technical expert within the software test function, advising and coaching subordinates to resolve technical or operational problems. Review and ensure quality of all technical deliverables in functional area.
- Provide planning, scripting, and execution of automated and/or manual testing on a variety of concurrent new product development and sustaining programs.
- Define core competencies and functional strategy in support of overall business strategy. Plan skill evolution to meet strategic needs & succession planning.
- Determine functional headcount requirements across the product portfolio and assign individual staff members to projects. Utilize external contract testers and outsourcing to meet business demands.
- Work with Project Managers to create and maintain test schedules using scheduling tools and processes such as MS Project, Gantt charts, and WBS.
- Proactively collaborate with software and firmware engineers to prevent ambiguous or conflicting testing requirements. Propose and implement regression test recommendations.
- Set annual and ongoing goals and objectives for group members. Write and conduct annual appraisals for group members, actively assessing team’s needs and gaps.
- Define best-in-class functional processes, standards, and tools. Create and track metrics on software test efforts, resources, and effectiveness towards improving efficiency and quality.
- Lead functional process and tool improvement initiatives by being early adopter of ideas.
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Software Test Engineer developing and executing complex software test scripts supporting new product development and sustaining engineering. Two years of functional management or lead experience.
- Strong technical foundation in software development and test principles.
- Experience with, and management of software test tools and processes, including automation testing and defect tracking. Knowledge of DevSuite tool preferred.
- Successful product lifecycle experience. Working knowledge of stage/phase-gate product development process.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task and provide expertise and leadership across multiple assigned projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills, especially technical writing. Clear and comprehensive documentation ability.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.