Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As a Service Technician I, you’ll be addressing our customer equipment maintenance and repair needs. The position is tasked with assuring customer satisfaction through timely and efficient maintenance and repair. The position focus is customer satisfaction and continual improvement in the quality of our products and services.
More specifically, you’ll be…
- Calibrating electronic equipment
- Developing troubleshooting and repair skills
- Supporting customer calibration and maintenance of Particle Measuring Systems micro contamination monitoring equipment
- Researching customer problems and complaints
- Acting as a liaison between customers and various departments
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- Associates Degree in Electronics or military equivalent
- Ability to read schematics in English
- Knowledge of A/D and D/A converters, microprocessors, analog and digital circuits
- Knowledge of helium neon lasers, and/or collecting and condensing optics helpful but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Some travel required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Team player focused on customer satisfaction and quality, with a sense of urgency
The Nuts and Bolts
Location – This is an “in-office” with Covid precautions being taken. (Temperature checks at the door, masks and social distancing required.) The location of this position is in Boulder, CO.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Medical – Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS) PPO Basic; Anthem BCBS PPO Prime.
- Health Advocate – This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and wellbeing.
- Dental – Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision – VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$24.95 – $38.30 per hour
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
We are not able to sponsor H-1B’s, so we accept applications from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected]
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer