We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can work independently and as part of a project team to develop and maintain software applications following our software life cycle methodology including necessary records and documentation.
- Participate in the creation of real-time monitoring systems
- Communicate with instrumentation using Ethernet and serial communication protocols
- Design, implement and maintain the code for a variety of internal and external software products including calibration software
- Participate in the design and implementation of Visual C++ applications, .NET components, databases, application program interfaces and graphical user interfaces
- Review and repair legacy code
- Write functional and detailed design documents
- Lead and mentor other team members as necessary
- Provide recommendations and technical advice to software test team as needed.
- Give assistance to software support in resolving customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of programming experience using Microsoft technologies and .NET Framework
- Strong experience in the following:
- C# and C++
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Debugging multi-threaded Windows applications
- Relational and Non-relational database technologies, design and programming
- Knowledge of statistics
- Experience with all phases of analysis and design (requirements gathering, technical documentation, coding, analyzing and testing) of applications
- Experience with developing complex software designs supporting research, new product development, and sustaining
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties and set priorities effectively
- Borland Paradox databases
- SQL stored procedures and triggers
- NET or LINQ
- Familiarity with instrumentation integration and coding communication protocols to actual hardware
- Familiarity with “real-time” system design and data collection
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.