We are looking for a Chief Research Scientist (physics/optics) to be part of our dynamic R&D team. This is a key contributor position, driving designs of new industry leading particle metrology instrumentation. You will have a direct impact on new product development, best known methods identification and ensuring our global team is provided with industry leading technical expertise. Work requires creativity, originality and judgment in the independent development, evaluation, selection and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- PhD (or equivalent) in Optical Sciences, Physics, or other with emphasis in optical techniques, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in laser and imaging systems design and a proven record of publications, patents, etc.
- Create and evaluate new optically-based design concepts, sub-systems and components for the next generation products.
- Proven track record of exceptional technology development in a hands-on research role.
- Domain expertise in optical/electro-optical systems design related to beam delivery, imaging, optical coatings, optical scattering, fluorescence, phase and polarization based measurements
- Work with product marketing and business development evaluate new technologies and develop solutions to emerging contamination monitoring requirements.
- Specify and/or manage optical component design & fabrication with suppliers.
- Provide tech dev leadership to help solve optical system issues and improve overall equipment performance, reliability and serviceability.
- Proficient with computational software (such as ZEMAX, CODE 5, COMSOL, and stray array analysis, etc.) to design and optimize optical systems
- Experience with analyzing test results and recommending design iterations
- Project and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Able to travel internationally in support of research and projects up to 10% time
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.