We are seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) to join our growing Business Development and Program Management Office (PMO) team. This is a new role, and a new team, that will have a wide range of responsibilities, including leadership of strategic programs associated with acquisitions and partnerships, as well as other critical business initiatives. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in the development of a world-class PMO function in a collaborative team atmosphere. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a depth of project management skills, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills, coupled with a demonstrated track record of leading high visibility technology, commercial, and organizational change projects.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Business development PM for pre-close diligence, and post-close operational integration activities, associated with acquisitions and partnerships.
- Project manage strategic, new, organic product offerings, providing support to product line management, engineering, and other functions as needed for launch.
- Lead a variety of other company wide initiatives central to the fulfilment of our 5-year strategic plan.
- Provide continuous broad business leadership direction and guidance to peers, and to PMS stakeholders, across the entire lifecycle of assigned projects.
- Provide additional PM coaching and mentoring, cross-functionally, as part of a PMS company drive to create a culture of project management globally.
- Lead the development, implementation, and adoption of core PMO practices across PMS including dashboards, reporting, and metrics.
- Troubleshoot, and implement corrective action plans, when necessary for critical projects and initiatives deviating from plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business, technology, or scientific field.
- Formal PM certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in, or performing the equivalent duties of, a PM role.
- Experience of working in a PMO function is a plus.
- Experience working in either of PMS’ core markets of semiconductor and pharmaceutical is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand how discrete project elements integrate while maintaining overall strategic focus.
- Multicultural awareness and experience working with diverse international teams.
- Critical Skills:
- Leadership – demonstrates a bias for action and is execution-oriented.
- Communication – communicates efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing; excellent negotiating skills
- Business acumen – excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Organizational savvy – manages through influence, ability to collaborate effectively with peers, employees, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Commercial awareness – ability to develop and manage business-to-business relationships with external organizations.
- Risk management – proactively identifies project risks and implements appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Project management triangle – effective in managing project scope, schedule, cost and quality parameters, and making associated trade-off decisions.
- Tools – Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Travel: approximately 20% domestic and international; flexibility for occasional higher levels dependent on specific project situations.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Send your resume to [email protected]. Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.