We are seeking an experienced Production Technician IV to join our team. This is a Full-Time, Temp to Hire opportunity.
Under limited direction and in a team environment, work as an effective team member to perform testing and calibration of electronic, mechanical and optical sub- assemblies and equipment while providing troubleshooting, technical assistance, and problem solving to other team members.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Performs electrical, mechanical, and optical assembly operations as needed
- Performs sub-assembly and unit assembly tests /calibrations and ensures that quality standards are met
- Perform alignment and calibration of instruments across multiple product families
- Use logical troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot and repair instruments across multiple product families
- Understands and applies knowledge of electronic and optical circuits to troubleshoot and repair multiple products
- Program and troubleshoot PCB assemblies
- Provide technical assistance to assemblers in problem solving
- Develops a technical working knowledge of products and provides technical assistance as needed
- Provide assistance to engineering staff in root cause analysis and new product development
- Performs prototype assembly and technical support for product changes and new product development. Participates in new product development teams as needed
- Review documentation and recommend changes to processes, procedures and methodologies
- Assists in the development of quality documents to ensure process flow and process control
- Perform and train others in routine equipment set-up and preventative maintenance
- Perform routine material handling activities and provide inventory cycle count information
- Trains others in those operations where designated as qualified
- Participate in cross functional teams to identify and continuously improve product quality, delivery and costs
- Will provide process or product troubleshooting to support production efforts at supplier or customer sites
- Identify, segregate, report trends and provide disposition recommendations for non-conforming materials
- Works effectively with other team members to ensure that customers’ quality and delivery expectations are met
- Maintains quality documents to ensure process flow and control
- Understands and meets quality system requirements
- Supports and generates new ideas to improve manufacturing operations
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics (four-year vocational education) or Associates Degree with equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s is required
- Two years or more related experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Able to read, follow and create written, graphic and pictorial procedures
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required
- Able to program boards and EPROMs using BP programmer or similar device
- Must be able to read analog and digital circuit schematic diagrams
- Must be able to successfully instruct other technicians on circuits and technical procedures related to a product line
- Able to successfully interact with others to provide technical assistance
- Possesses the ability to summarize data, write reports and create technical documents
- Demonstrated willingness to effectively learn and practice progressive manufacturing methodologies
- Must be computer literate. Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of Basic DOS is required
- Requires a sound customer orientation
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, several times per day
How to Apply:
Please submit a short cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Job description are not all-inclusive. Other responsibilities may be added to or deleted from each position to improve effectiveness and productivity as necessary.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.