About the Mechanical Engineer Job
As the Mechanical Engineer you’ll be working on highly technical products as part of a team of dedicated engineers and scientists from multiple disciplines. You’ll be responsible for creating and implementing engineering solutions on product enhancement and new development projects. As a key member of the team, you will be the go-to person for mechanical engineering solutions for of air and liquid particle counting systems
More specifically, you’ll be…
- Supporting research, new product development, and sustaining engineering activities.
- Designing complex mechanical, opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Creating solutions for gas and liquid handling systems
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Opto-Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical engineering design
- Experience with injection molded plastics, machined, and sheet metal parts. Ability to specify the optimal alloys, plastics, carbon fiber, and other materials for a variety of environments
- Experience with electronics packaging design and IPX rated enclosures
- Experience with fabrication and assembly methods to optimize Design for Manufacturing. Knowledge of product servicing needs to optimize Design for Serviceability.
- Knowledge of product BOM structuring and ERP systems
- Experience in tolerance analysis per ASME Y14.5M, GD&T, thermal analysis, stress calculations, tooling and fixture design.
- Experience working in a fast-paced result driven environment.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- Opto-Mechanical design experience
- Experience in gas and liquid handling systems
- Master’s degree in Engineering
The Nuts and Bolts
This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% – 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Particle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical – Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Dental – Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and DeltaCare USA
- Vision – through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) – dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of hire
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D; Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations; Health Advocate – EAP, Wellness, and Personal Health Advocate
$81,600 – 125,350
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers between the minimum and midpoint of our established pay ranges. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
Note to visa candidates: We are not able to sponsor new or transfer H-1B’s. Thus, we are only able to accept applicants from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.