Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As the Head of Life Sciences, you’ll be leading our Life Sciences Divisions’ portfolio of instruments, advanced consulting, and services. This critical senior leadership role is responsible for developing and executing strategic high impact initiatives critical to our success in the markets we serve. Our customers are primarily in the aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing field, and related regulated industries.
Our Life Sciences division is highly successful and rapidly growing. We are industry leaders in providing leading edge technology and value-added services to our core markets. This opportunity will enable you to grow your career by designing and executing strategies that grow market share while leading a global team of industry experts. You will play a critical role in developing our long-term business strategy, leading our Life Sciences team, and realizing our customer’s needs.
Key Leadership Accountabilities
A critical success factor for this role will be establishing and managing close relationships with customers, understanding their needs, and translating those needs into relevant product and service offerings.
- Managing the division’s P&L within a matrix structured organization
- Achieving profitable growth goals by working collaboratively with potential clients and with internal functions including sales, marketing communications, services, and engineering
- Proactively seeking out Voice of the Customer to understand customer issues, needs, and future trends
- Implementing strategies for marketing, sales, and service that that serve Life Sciences customers and enable profitable growth
- Working with Particle Measuring Systems global cross-functional leadership team to execute supporting strategies and initiatives
- Developing, prioritizing, and executing product road maps to meet market window and time-to-market constraints
- Developing and executing effective Product Line Management processes
- Developing a high performing global Life Sciences organization, with supporting resources, skills, and culture
- Communicating and integrating the Life Sciences strategy to the broader Particle Measuring Systems organization
In addition, you’ll be…
- Modeling collaborative leadership skills and behaviors needed to achieve profitable growth goals for Particle Measuring Systems
- Driving business development activities in key segments
- Supporting the execution of technical and commercial due diligence activities for strategic acquisition initiatives
- Developing business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of product marketing, sales, and business planning methodologies, and associated tools
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree, with at least ten years of relevant work experience in the aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing field
- Ethics and values focused individual
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical and operational execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams on complex ambiguous assignments
- Strong track record of leading and developing high performance international teams
- Experience developing acquisition and partnership strategies, executing due diligence planning, and supporting integration implementation activities
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, device or life sciences tools
- Ability to travel globally 25%-50%
The Nuts and Bolts
Location – The role will preferably be based in our global headquarters in Boulder, Colorado, however alternative locations will be considered.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Medical – Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS) PPO Basic; Anthem BCBS PPO Prime.
- Health Advocate – This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and wellbeing.
- Dental – Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision – VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$150,000 – $200,000 + leadership target bonus
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
Note to visa candidates: We are not able to sponsor H-1B’s, so we accept applications from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with “Head of Life Sciences” in the subject line to: [email protected]
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer