We are seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to join our team. The Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the plant facility and premises and oversees and coordinates a wide range of work and services performed at the facility. This position is responsible for ensuring that services are performed correctly and in a reasonable timeframe. The successful candidate will have a focus on safety and providing a functional and safe work environment for our employees.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates with area managers regarding facility requests, projects and ensures issues are resolved and projects are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for routine maintenance, i.e. CDA dryer, CDA compressor, house vacuum pumps, forklift, ice machine, and coffee machines.
- Responsible for waste removal from facility: trash, recyclables, compost, hazardous waste, used electronics, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating pest control and facility cleaning (includes ordering of cleaning supplies).
- Schedules contractors for repair, maintenance or other changes as needed.
- Performs space retrofits in an ever-changing work environment.
- 24-hour company contact for monitoring services such as fire alarm, burglar alarm, etc.
- Maintains building sprinkler system and works with local authorities for fire inspections. Checks fire extinguishers monthly and arranges for annual inspections.
- Orders and maintains all breakroom supplies.
- Assists production as needed for assembly of items such as workbenches, cabinets, shelving, etc.
- Minimum Associates Degree and 3 years’ experience in a Facilities management role.
- Capability to perform preventive maintenance on simple instruments, i.e. oil. changes on vacuum pumps, filter changes on compressors.
- Must be familiar with different phases of construction and repair.
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools and common power tools.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a variety of contract trade personnel.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
- Must be safety conscious and willing to work with Safety function to implement and maintain effective safety procedures.
Local candidates only. Relocation not provided.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.