As an Engineering Technician III you’ll be working as part of a team doing work such as electrical, mechanical and optical assembly, test, and calibration, technical assistance, and problem solving.
More specifically, you’ll be…
- Performing electrical, mechanical, and optical assembly of company products and porotypes.
- Performing unit assembly tests / calibrations and ensuring that quality standards are met.
- Participating in cross-functional R&D projects to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Developing a strong technical working knowledge of products and providing technical assistance.
- Assisting engineers and scientists as they create, modify, and test products/processes.
- Participating in development of quality documents to ensure process flow and control.
- Performing prototype assembly and technical support for product changes.
- Performing equipment set-up and preventive maintenance, developing procedures, and training team members.
- Understanding and applying your knowledge of electronic, mechanical and optical systems to troubleshoot and repair multiple products.
- Working from, provides input into, and developing test procedures, schematics or other related documentation to assure product quality.
- Providing sound problem solving techniques to identify and continuously improve quality, delivery, and cost.
Effectively works with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Creating a structured task list and sequence from higher level goals
- Supporting and generating CIP initiatives to improve products/manufacturing.
- Following policies and procedures to ensure a safe, positive work environment.
- Performing board level repair and troubleshooting surface mount component replacement.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- Associates degree in electronics technology or equivalent military training.
- Ideally, you’ll have a bachelor’s degree and a least two years’ experience, or 10 years’ experience in lieu of a degree.
- Computer proficiency especially with MS Office suite Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word is required.
- Proficient in the operation of common troubleshooting tools including Oscilloscopes, multimeters, laser power meters, flow meters, etc.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data, write reports and create technical documents.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to learn new technical information.
Sound customer orientation, and effective team based interpersonal skills.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
Familiarity with SolidWorks & 3D printing technology and operation.
The Nuts and Bolts
This is an “in-office” position 100% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Particle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical – Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Dental – Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and DeltaCare USA
- Vision – through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) – dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of hire
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D; Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations; Health Advocate – EAP, Wellness, and Personal Health Advocate
$51,900 – $79,695
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers between the minimum and midpoint of our established pay ranges. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer