To support our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a talented Engineering Project Manager- Electro-Mechanical Instrumentation who will be responsible for managing highly technical product development programs. Efforts managed may be multiple product enhancement projects to larger high growth new product initiatives, all involving teams from a broad range of cross-functional disciplines. The Engineering Project Manager- Electro-Mechanical Instrumentation is the “face of the project” and will be the key point of contact for all matters related to the project, interfacing with all areas of the business impacted by the project and its deliverables.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures project scope includes input from all functional disciplines including Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Compliance, and Service.
- Identifies key stakeholders and understands their expectations for a successful project. Achieves defined cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Monitors progress on schedule, budget and technical output. Optimizes schedule to identify critical path(s) and major risks. Proactively manages risks and employs strategies to address.
- Drives teams to execute on tasks and deliverables. Develops a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized. Facilitates problem solving and meetings to address obstacles.
- Relies on core team and functional leader expertise when faced with critical decisions. Holds core team members accountable to program commitments.
- Facilitates communication to key stakeholders on project performance. Conducts project Gate reviews and business team meetings.
- Fosters teamwork; strives to maintain an environment of collaboration, openness and trust.
BS in Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science) required. MS in Engineering and/or MBA preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of successful experience managing new product development projects in electro-mechanical instrumentation.
A minimum of 7 years of experience working in a product development environment
Expert-level skills using Project Management tools and techniques, including MS Project. Agile, Scrum, PMP, six-sigma a plus.
Technically savvy; must be able to discuss, understand and make decisions regarding a wide array of engineering disciplines and complex technical/logistical issues. Experience with lasers or light-based systems desired.
Must have successfully managed multiple high-technology hardware/software projects from concept through commercialization using a stage-gate process.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation. Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected]. Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.