We are seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer to develop innovative firmware for our product portfolio including aerosol and liquid particle counters for the semiconductor, aerospace and life sciences industries. The Embedded Firmware Engineer will be part of a cross-functional team to develop particle counter firmware.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and debug communications interface, GUI interface and particle counting code as required.
- Use version management and defect tracking tools.
- Document work for sustaining engineering purposes.
- Interface across multiple portions of the organization to support engineering, marketing, manufacturing and service needs as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Five or more years of embedded firmware development experience using microprocessors.
- Strong background in C/C++ programming language
- Development experience with RTOS based embedded systems
- Experience with development of communications protocols.
- Experience with GUI development
- Experience using software version control and bug tracking systems
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams
- Excellent communication skills
Recommended/ Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with VxWorks
- Experience with Qt
- HTML, AJAX, & AJAJ development
- Experience with Bluetooth protocol development
- ARM-based SoC firmware design
- TCP/IP & Modbus communications experience
- Experience in multi-discipline engineering environment
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.