Learn about the Embedded Firmware Engineer Career
As an Embedded Firmware Engineer, you’ll develop innovative firmware for our product portfolio, which includes aerosol and liquid particle counters for the semiconductor, aerospace, and life sciences industries. You’ll participate in an Agile Scrum team, completing firmware work items in areas including hardware and communications interfaces, GUIs, and particle counting code.
More specifically, you’ll …
- Discover and capture requirements in conversations with stakeholders within and external to the company
- Bring knowledge of new tools and technologies and use that knowledge to design innovative solutions.
- Write high-quality code that can be reused across product lines
- Join us on our mission to build a great environment for writing firmware
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Three or more years of RTOS embedded firmware development experience
- Strong background in C/C++ programming language
- Development experience with Embedded Linux at Application level
- Experience using software version control and bug tracking systems
- Ability to use lab tools such as oscilloscopes, logic and protocol analyzers
- Excellent communication skills
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise in Git, Jira, DevSuite, Jama, or similar
- Experience with QT
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver development
- ARM-based SoC firmware design
- Experience with WiFi and Bluetooth development
- TCP/IP & Modbus communications experience
- Experience in multi-disciplinary engineering environment
The Nuts and Bolts
This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% – 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Particle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical – Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Dental – Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and DeltaCare USA
- Vision – through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) – dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of hire
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D; Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations; Health Advocate – EAP, Wellness, and Personal Health Advocate
$81,600 – $125,350
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers between the minimum and midpoint of our established pay ranges. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
Note to visa candidates: We are not able to sponsor new or transfer H-1B’s. Thus, we are only able to accept applicants from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.