Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As the Electrical Engineering Manager, you’ll be leading a team of highly skilled Electrical Engineers on complex designs from the research/conceptual phase through successful product launch. This involves leading the planning, development, prototyping, and documentation of electrical designs within the product development environment. This position requires coordination and collaboration of activities with other functional managers and project managers within a matrix stage gate product development environment. He/she will be responsible for providing and ensuring consistent project planning, development plans, DFMEA and risk analysis, and design rigor throughout all commercialization projects, in accordance with our ISO Quality Management System. Key accountabilities also include establishing and maintaining the technical competencies of the electrical engineering team by providing mentoring, training, evaluation, and recruitment.
More specifically, you’ll be…
- Define core competencies and functional strategy in support of overall business strategy. Plan skill evolution to meet strategic needs & succession planning.
- Drive maximum reuse of development work and consistent technical and architectural direction across projects.
- Define functional headcount requirements and assign individual staff members to projects. Define and oversee functional outsourcing and resource sharing arrangements to meet business needs.
- Function well in a team environment. Gain consensus, lead, influence, and ensure cross-discipline participation and feedback.
- Work with Project Managers and Product Line Managers to create and maintain integrated program schedules using advanced scheduling tools and processes such as MS Project, Gantt charts, and WBS.
- Act as technical expert within the electrical engineering function, advising and coaching subordinates to resolve technical or operational problems throughout the product lifecycle. Review and ensure quality of all technical deliverables in functional area.
- Set annual and ongoing goals and objectives for group members. Write and conduct annual appraisals for group members, actively assessing team’s needs and gaps.
- Define best-in-class functional processes, standards, and tools. Create metrics on tracking design efforts, resources, and effectiveness towards improving product development cycles and quality.
- Lead functional process and tool improvement initiatives by being early adopter of ideas. Foster creativity and innovation in design solutions, with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a Customer focus and participate in VoC throughout the product lifecycle.
- Ability to lead as Technical Project Manager on special assignments & initiatives on an as-needed basis, within and outside of R&D.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. A strong technical foundation in electrical engineering design principles related to electromechanical systems controlled by software.
- Minimum 10 years experience as an Electrical Engineer developing complex electrical and electromechanical designs supporting research and new product development.
- Minimum 5 years functional management or lead experience.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout CAD tools, Spice based circuit simulation and modeling tools.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, muti-meters, and spectrum analyzers.
- Familiarity with ISO, CE, ETL, and other international requirements and standards.
- Project management experience in a technology environment. Well versed in MS Project, project risk mitigation, and experience in balancing cost, schedule, and performance constraints.
- Successful product lifecycle experience. Working knowledge of stage/phase-gate and Agile product development processes.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task and provide expertise and leadership across multiple projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills, especially technical writing.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- MS Electrical Engineering
- Laser-based optics experience
- PMP certification
- Mentor Graphics CAD expertise
- Six Sigma or DFSS experience. Knowledge of failure analysis methodologies such as fishbone, cause/effect, and 5-Whys.
The Nuts and Bolts
Location – This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% – 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Our benefit package is provided through our parent company, Spectris.
- Medical – Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS) PPO Basic; Anthem BCBS PPO Prime.
- Health Advocate – This confidential service can help you; your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law resolve health care and insurance-related issues, manage chronic conditions and improve your health and wellbeing.
- Dental – Delta Dental PPO; DeltaCare USA
- Vision – VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations.
$114,700 – $176,180
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
We are not able to sponsor H-1B’s, so we accept applications from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected]
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer