As an Electrical Engineer you’ll develop innovative electronic hardware designs for our product portfolio, which includes air, gas, and liquid particle counters for the semiconductor, aerospace, and life sciences industries. You’ll participate in and collaborate with cross-functional project team members in a matrix environment developing complex electromechanical product designs through our stage/gate commercialization process.
More specifically, you’ll …
- Discover and capture requirements in conversations with stakeholders within and external to the company and decompose those requirements into technical specifications and end-product.
- Bring knowledge of new development tools & analysis methods and use that knowledge to design innovative solutions that delight our customers.
- Work to achieve defined cost, schedule, and performance requirements for the hardware designs you develop.
- Collaborate with peers, project team members, and your functional manager in developing best-in-class hardware designs that meet and exceed performance requirements.
To succeed in this Electrical Engineer role, you’ll have
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in electronic hardware design.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout CAD tools, Spice based circuit simulation and modeling tools.
- Knowledge of microprocessor circuitry design and attached peripherals such as DDR memory, FPGAs, and Ethernet Phys.
- Strong understanding of basic analog circuit design, such as op amp circuits, ADCs, DACs, and DC/DC converter circuitry.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment on electromechanical systems controlled by embedded firmware and application software.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and logic & protocol analyzers. Ability to perform electronic hardware troubleshooting on both new and legacy product designs.
- Familiarity with ISO, CE, ETL, and other international requirements and standards.
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task and provide technical expertise across multiple projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write technical reports, summarize data, and create technical specifications.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- Laser-based optics experience
- WiFi and Bluetooth development
- Mentor xDx Designer CAD
- Six Sigma or DFSS experience. Knowledge of failure analysis methodologies such as DFMEA, fishbone, cause/effect, and 5-Whys.
The Nuts and Bolts
This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% – 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Particle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical – Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Dental – Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and DeltaCare USA
- Vision – through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) – dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of hire
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D; Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations; Health Advocate – EAP, Wellness, and Personal Health Advocate
$81,600 – $125,350
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers between the minimum and midpoint of our established pay ranges. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
Note to visa candidates: We are not able to sponsor new or transfer H-1B’s. Thus, we are only able to accept applicants from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.