The EHS & Sustainability Manager creates strategies, provides corporate governance, and implements the company’s global environmental, health and safety program as well as the company’s sustainability program in order to ensure compliance and competitive positioning. This includes employee safety, site compliance, product compliance and other compliance areas (financial liabilities, etc.). Working with local leadership in our offices around the globe, develops and implements programs to maintain compliance, improve performance and drive company sustainability initiatives.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop corporate EHS & Sustainability strategies & goals that balance risk exposure and program costs.
- Provide consulting to sites, regions, and local leadership teams
- Plan and deliver programs to train managers and employees in safety practices and recommend safety improvements.
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA, State/local authorities) and facilitate the completion of company-wide annual EHS training plan.
- Maintain OSHA required records and reports. Handle OSHA complaints and audits.
- Drive environmental programs related to air and waste water.
- Influence a philosophy of strategic safety training and ensure the workers compensation claim management program is effective and compliant
- Engage external consultants, legal counsel, and regulatory bodies to address site or corporate compliance issues and lead/direct resolution activities.
- Corporate oversight includes the management of:
- Company’s audit program
- EHS training program development
- EHS Liability reserves and conduct acquisition/divesture assessments
- EHS tools/software, communication, and records management systems
- EHS regulation changes and assure Particle Measuring Systems’ continued compliance
- As necessary, sponsor corporate initiatives for new EHS regulations
- Ability to travel 40%-globally
- B.S. Degree and 6-8 years’ experience in a lead EHS role.
- M.S. Degree in Environmental Science/Engineering preferred
- Professional certification preferred (CIH, CSP, CHMM)
- Knowledge and experience managing compliance to environmental management systems (e.g., ISO 14001, etc).
- Understanding of:
- Occupational laws (e.g., OSHA) and safety practices in order to minimize safety incidents
- Site permitting & reporting obligations (e.g., air, water, waste)
- Product commercialization process and global product compliance standards (equipment, chemical, packaging, etc.)
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.