Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As a Software Test Engineer, you’ll be working on a team of highly skilled Software Test Engineers to test application software and embedded firmware on complex facility management systems and instruments throughout the product lifecycle. This involves development and execution of software test protocols, defect tracking and working with developers to resolve issues.
More specifically, you’ll …
- Participate in and contribute to the entire software development life cycle process.
- Develop, document and execute software and firmware test scripts.
- Interface with software developers and other technical team members to review system requirements and test design.
- Create test reports that detail testing results and solutions.
- Provide support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects.
- Participate in the design and development of testing tools for test automation and support.
- Work closely with other engineers to resolve problems.
- Ensure that customer and functional requirements are met.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Software Test Engineer developing and executing
- Strong technical foundation in software development and test principles, software/firmware test scripts, testing and tracking defects.
- Experience with software test tools and processes, including automation testing and defect tracking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clear oral and written communication skills, especially technical writing.
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- A sense of urgency and ability to multi-task.
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance test is preferred.
- Experience with recommending and implementing automated test tools and strategies is preferred.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- Knowledge of DevSuite tool is preferred.
The Nuts and Bolts
This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% – 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
2021 Benefits At-a-Glance
Particle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical – Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Dental – Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and DeltaCare USA
- Vision – through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account – Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) – dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of hire
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D; Onsite Wellness Clinic – Onsite physician for basic health and wellness consultations; Health Advocate – EAP, Wellness, and Personal Health Advocate
$39.25 – $60.26 per hour.
How we determine what we pay (compensation philosophy)
Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company.
For new hires, we to make competitive offers between the minimum and around the midpoint of the range. This allows the new employee room for future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Note to external agencies: We are not accepting resumes, emails or calls from outside agencies regarding this position currently.
Note to visa candidates: We are not able to sponsor new or transfer H-1B’s. Thus, we are only able to accept applicants from US citizens and green card holders.
To apply: please email your resume with the position title in the subject line to: [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.