Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions, improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory requirements.
As the Opto- Mechanical Engineer you’ll be working on highly technical products as part of a team of dedicated engineers and scientists from multiple disciplines. You’ll be responsible for creating and implementing engineering solutions on product enhancement and new development projects. As a key member of the team, you will be the go-to person for mechanical engineering solutions for of air and liquid particle counting systems
More specifically, you’ll be…
- Supporting research, new product development, and sustaining engineering activities.
- Designing complex mechanical, opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Creating solutions for gas and liquid handling systems
To succeed in this role, you’ll have
- A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Opto-Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical engineering design
- Experience with injection molded plastics, machined, and sheet metal parts. Ability to specify the optimal alloys, plastics, carbon fiber, and other materials for a variety of environments
- Experience with electronics packaging design and IPX rated enclosures
- Experience with fabrication and assembly methods to optimize Design for Manufacturing. Knowledge of product servicing needs to optimize Design for Serviceability.
- Knowledge of product BOM structuring and ERP systems
- Experience in tolerance analysis per ASME Y14.5M, GD&T, thermal analysis, stress calculations, tooling and fixture design.
- Experience working in a fast-paced result driven environment.
These additional desired skills would be a big plus
- Opto-Mechanical design experience
- Experience in gas and liquid handling systems
- Master’s degree in Engineering
The Nuts and Bolts
Location – This is an “in-office” position 25 – 50% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this position is in Boulder, CO. The other 50% – 75% of the time you may work from home. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local candidates will receive first consideration.
$39.25 – $60.26
Note to visa candidates: We are not able to sponsor new or transfer H-1B’s. Thus, we are only able to accept applicants from US citizens and green card holders.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer