We have an immediate need for a talented Configuration Management Specialist to support the creation and maintenance of company product and process deliverables. This involves managing the product change order and bill of material structure on new and legacy products within the design development environment and facilitating document control and updates to company processes and procedures.
This position requires coordination and collaboration of activities with other functional groups and project managers within a matrix development environment. The Configuration Management Specialist will be responsible for providing and ensuring consistent and accurate configuration control in accordance with our ISO 9001 Quality Management System and will become the configuration management subject matter expert for our MRP/ERP system
Specific Job Duties
- Own and manage the change order implementation procedure and process. Interface with functional departments to determine impact and actions necessary to implement the change. Authorize and approve change orders and ensure all content requirements have been met (i.e. verification report, customer notification, required approvers).
- Update the Item Master and Bill of Material files in accordance with the change order and release document changes and closes change orders.
- Maintain product configuration identification system including part numbering, naming conventions, bill of material structure, etc.
- Maintain on-line accessibility and status accounting of all controlled engineering documentation. Review and approve documentation to ensure conformance to Particle Measuring Systems procedures and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Provide support services in response to requests for information from users of the configuration management system. Train and coach ERP users in procedures and best practices related to configuration management and document control.
- Support and maintain all activities as they relate to engineering documentation, the ERP system, and engineering change requests. Coordinate hardware and software change requests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required.
- 8 years minimum experience in a manufacturing and engineering environment managing and maintaining item masters and bill of materials for hardware and software products within an MRP/ERP system.
- Relevant Change Management experience managing complex hardware/software product configurations required.
- Strong knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP) in a manufacturing and engineering environment.
- ERP System experience highly desired.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- Computer literate with expertise in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Quality Systems (i.e. Document Management System, Quality Management System).
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions in a fast paced, time sensitive, and multifaceted cross functional environment.
- Ability to complete tasks independently while keeping supervision informed of progress.
How to Apply
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.