Under limited supervision, plans, procures and executes material requirements for production items according to the MRP plan. Analyzes system-planned information for accuracy. Releases purchase orders to suppliers and manufacturing orders to production. Maintains valid schedules and material control practices.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure continuity of supply, effective competition, quality and prompt delivery of products from internal and external suppliers.
- Utilize metrics and problem solving techniques to ensure root cause resolution on delivery, lead-time, cost, and other critical performance metrics. Reviews action messages, generated by ERP, for accuracy.
- Uses ERP to analyze supply and demand for components and sub-assemblies. Analysis includes component part availability, lot size, lead-time, cost and other critical parameters.
- Ability and desire to act as backup Master Production scheduler.
- Utilize project management skills to seamlessly integrate material changes into a manufacturing environment.
- Releases manufacturing work orders to production and purchase orders to suppliers. Produces required support; documentation and reschedules existing orders as required.
- Collaborates with others to identify potential material shortages and expedites as appropriate.
- Uses and creates database, word processing and spreadsheet software as a tool to produce or enhance reports.
- Works effectively with other members of the organization to improve materials related inventory control systems and activities.
- Work with engineering teams on new product introduction and design changes
- Evaluate potential suppliers with regard to quality, cost and delivery
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of related Materials experience in a manufacturing environment required using an ERP
- Bachelor’s degree and professional association certification preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Send your resume to [email protected]. Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.