To facilitate our growth, we are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Business Intelligence Data Analyst to join our Finance team. The Business Intelligence Data Analyst focuses on finding trends within data to help guide decision-makers.
This position will work with various organizational sources and departments, depending on the needs of the company, to make strategic and tactical decisions. Through data collection and analysis, the Data Analyst gains insight and provides recommendations via comprehensive reporting for business improvements impacting quality, profitability and operational efficiency.
- Collaborates with departmental teams and/or management to define information needed to meet business needs
- Leads cooperative group pricing and aligns to ensure compliance with government entity procurement/purchasing requirements
- Reviews and validates customer data as it is collected and oversees the deployment and creation of data to the data warehouse
- Develops policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Monitors analytics and metrics results and implements new data analysis methodologies
- Performs data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Leverages Power Business Intelligence reporting and integrates with our financial statements and planning
- Creates reliable and accurate sales analytics reports to provide excellent business decision support to sales team
- Optimizes the data collection process by working alongside database warehouse architects and report writers
- Builds KPI definitions and works closely with Cost Accountant/Manufacturing team as it relates to costs by product line for standard costs, RMAs, consumables & inventory
- Provides market intelligence on pricing and competitor behaviors in marketplace and identifies patterns and trends in the data sets through regular reporting cycles
- Provides analytics and identifies important trends to support commercial operations
- Interprets data, formalizes findings, and makes recommendations back to the relevant decision makers within the company
Bachelor’s degree in business and/or a data-related field, such as information technology. Higher level degree is a plus.
2+ years’ experience data mining and using data analytic skills
Possess a combination of strong business, analytic, and problem-solving skills
Ability to extrapolate what information is being requested by decision-makers and translate that into meaningful reports
Strong interpersonal skills
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.