To continue and accelerate our growth, we are looking for an Application Engineer for our Electronics Division. The successful candidate will join our global applications engineering team developing and rolling out yield enhancing particle and contamination monitoring solutions to the microelectronics, display, chemical and other clean manufacturing industrial segments.
- Provide pre-sale support and installation of complete facility management systems including multiple contamination monitoring sensors. Including understanding and implementing full controls solutions required to connect sensors together and to customer data management systems. This position should not need to develop software.
- Utilize knowledge of microelectronics manufacturing to develop yield enhancing solutions.
- Execute demonstrations of new products and complex competitive head-to-head evaluations.
- Provide optimal and timely pre/post-sale support related to product applications.
- Plan, schedule and execute applications development projects providing regular management updates and reports.
- Develop applications related collateral materials to support product sales growth and communicate corporate capabilities in written, spoken and multimedia forms.
- Develop and present internal and external training programs to enable successful implementation of product applications and communication of corporate capabilities.
- As a team member identify and pursue new business development activities.
- Review technical risk, probability for success and implementation plans for new applications initiatives to maximize success and resource efficiency.
- Interact with an international team of applications engineers to share solutions and leverage our knowledge base.
- Administers and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety policy, procedures as set forth by Federal, State and company directives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Profile
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry. Advanced degree in related field a plus.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in or servicing the semiconductor industry (Applications Engineer, Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Equipment Engineer)
- Industrial automation software experience. Windows networking and GE iFix experience a plus.
- Experience with chemical particle counting is a plus.
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills. Must be able to influence decisions and actions with customers and peer groups.
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device production and process challenges
- Proven ability to work across functional and cultural boundaries
- Proven project management skills
- Requires domestic and international travel (<50%)
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Send your resume to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter including salary requirements and the job title you are applying for.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.