We are looking for an Aerobiology Engineer to run our Biosafety Level II laboratory which is used for the testing and validation of microbial portable instruments, sensors, air samplers, and consumables.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Perform duties within these major areas of research:
- Large and small particle generation and characterization
- Sampler characterization
- Electromechanical instrumentation repair
- Decontamination and operation of BSL 2 laboratory
Perform aerosol exposures, growth and production of bacteria for aerosols, ensuring that proper protocols are adhered to before, during, and after an aerosol exposure.
Incubate, read, document, and report all microbiological plate results
Report test results accurately, including text, tables, graphs, and diagrams
Actively participate in practices/processes to enhance data quality and integrity including periodic review of study execution to identify gaps and refine procedures
Maintain a clean, safe, and organized laboratory. Actively ensure that the Biosafety program promotes a safety conscious culture.
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science) or Sciences (Microbiology, Chemistry, Physics) discipline with completed courses in microbiology.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience performing basic microbiological laboratory tests and methods including aseptic techniques, sterile dilutions, equipment/media sterilization, culture control, and growth promotion.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience performing basic aerosol testing and characterization including aerosol and bioaerosol generation and characterization for particle size, concentration, and homogeneity.
- Results-oriented, self-motivating and ability to work independently. Willingness to display a degree of flexibility and adapt effectively to change.
- Experience with optical particle counting and sizing systems
How to Apply
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a short cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description to [email protected].
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.