Cleaning Procedure Using Syringes
- Isolate the LiQuilaz particle counter from fluid source.
- If necessary, flush with the appropriate fluids to return to a pH neutral or otherwise harmless condition.
- Disconnect the bottom fitting (inlet) first to allow fluid to safely drop away from the capillary.
- Disconnect the fluid outlet fitting from the LiQuilaz particle counter.
- Have ready two 10 mL syringes.
- Select the appropriate cleaning solution. (See the Selecting a Cleaning Solution blog post.)
- Fill each cleaning syringe with 5 mL of cleaning solution.
- Attach one cleaning syringe to the LiQuilaz inlet and the other to the LiQuilaz outlet.
- Force the cleaning fluid back and forth between the two syringes for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Remove syringes by disconnecting the bottom syringe first.
- Be careful not to spill fluid into the gaps between metal sections of the LiQuilaz housing.
- Immediately wipe up any spills.
- Connect LiQuilaz inlet to source of ultra-pure deionized water.
- Connect LiQuilaz particle counter outlet to drain suitable for cleaning fluid.
- Flush cleaning fluid from LiQuilaz for 3 – 5 minutes with DI water.
- Check DC light using the software provided.
- If DC light fails to meet sensor specifications, repeat cleaning with syringes until successful.
- If a series of cleaning attempts has been unsuccessful with the syringe, follow the Cleaning Procedure Using Floss section or return the instrument to the Particle Measuring Systems certified service department.