Particle Measuring Systems (PMS) is a world leader in contamination monitoring technology. Founded in 1972, the Company’s world headquarters is in Boulder Colorado with global offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. PMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spectris plc, a world leading provider of productivity enhancing instrumentation and controls (LON:SXS).
Due to our continuing success and growth we are now looking to recruit an Acquisition Integration Project Manager. This position would ideally be based out of our Headquarters in Boulder, Colorado office but we would look at other locations for an exceptional candidate. Reporting to the VP/Director of Business Development, this position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the successful candidate. There would be significant travel required with this position depending on the location of future acquisitions.
Particle Measuring Systems offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with its status as a world class organisation committed to high performance, customer focus & employee empowerment.
Relocation assistance would be considered for the right candidate.
This individual contributor role will be responsible for creation, co-ordination and overall management of Acquisition Integration plans. This will include ensuring that any plans are also communicated effectively and encompass Spectris Group Manual requirements for Acquisition integrations.
This is an extremely important role to ensure that acquisition integrations are completed on time and it will also have a change management component to make sure any new acquisition is embedded quickly into the PMS culture, structure and processes. The individual concerned will be an experienced Project Manager and will also be trained in certified project management techniques and have a relevant professional qualification. The suitable candidate will be required to have a hands on role and be able to work across different functions and across many countries holding people accountable to meeting agreed integration plans.
There will also be a need to own the process for Integration and to work with Spectris as part of integration plan status updates and also in measuring the success of integrations post completion.
This individual will work very closely with Functional M&A Integration leads as well as taking guidance from the VP and Director of Business Development. It’s very important that they manage communications effectively internally and externally.
Spectris and PMS operate under a very strong ethical culture so the individual concerned will have the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour.
Skills and experience
- Professional Project Management Qualification (e.g PMP, PRINCE)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager with experience in leading major projects.
- M&A integration experience is preferred.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering strong leadership and management of major projects which have cross functional interaction.
- Expert in Microsoft Project or other PM tools, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- International experience of working on major projects and understanding impact on local culture
- Experience of LEAN / Six Sigma principles preferred but not required
- Experience within semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries also preferred.
- Create Acquisition Integration plans working with functional leads and management
- Build Project Teams and ensure strong relationships with individuals in companies being acquired to ensure a smooth integration. Build their feedback into subsequent integration plan versions
- Ensure that the Project Plan deadlines are achieved and mitigation plans are put into place for any delays
- Provide regular updates on integration to the VP and Director of Business Development
- Ensure that the Spectris Group Manual for acquisition diligence and integration is maintained
- Ensure post acquisition metrics to measure the success are put into place and tracked on a regular basis
- Create an acquisition retrospective / key learnings process which is then built into processes for the next acquisition. Ensure that the Integration process is as LEAN as possible. Be the owner of the Integration Process within the PMS Quality system
- Assist with 1st Internal Audit preparation of any acquired company
- Be available for Project Management for internal improvement programs if required
Leadership and Personal Competencies
- Excellent communicator and is able to deliver messages in a clear and candid way both in writing and verbally. Excels at Change Management
- Able to take a hands on role. Task driven individual. Be able to multi task and run more than 1 project at any one time
- Possesses a true business mindset understanding the key drivers behind top and bottom line growth as well as all aspects of business risk.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues into actionable solutions.
- Inspires trust and confidence through his/her natural authority and personal power.
- Encourages a highly collaborative team environment and actively engages with all major internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to travel internationally
- Someone who can still learn, develop, and not only be open to but embrace change.
- Ability to ‘think out of the box’ in order to look for process improvement opportunities within PMS
- A character of unimpeachable integrity and character who endorses, promotes and models the Company’s core values of Absolute Integrity, Empowerment, Customer Focus, Restless Innovation, High Performance